Friday, July 31, 2009

My imaginary CV


Sometimes I find myself acknowledging how little and at the same time how much I've accomplished in my life.

My CV will definitely not be a very long one. All I can actually write is what school, high school and med school I attended. I also took a couple of years of French. I worked as a volunteer for 2 years with one foundation, six with another one. Did some volunteering in the pediatric ward of an oncologic hospital and a couple more places. And that's pretty much it.

But if I could put down on my CV all the times my life has been blessed by a sunrise, a thankful look or a loving embrace... every time I have felt like I've made a difference, no matter how small, in this world; or comforted or helped out someone... If I add up every time I have helped save a life or improve the quality of it, or even the few times I have done it all by myself; then I realize that even though I still have a LOT of work to do, I'm off to a pretty good start.

And I go to bed content and full of hope, wishing for another day to come so I can keep on adding things to this little imaginary CV of mine that I am writing while trying to change the world.


"Be the change you want to see in the world"
- Mohandas Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment